Sunday, January 19, 2014

From Marvel to Horses and Fainting Goats!

I am very proud of my new home Mail/Family Command Wall…over the Christmas Break I gave myself goals….
1. Get new bedding for our bedroom….well I got that as a Christmas gift so that was AWESOME!! Thanks Jomi for "hinting" to the hubs for me! I love it!! All I need now are to pick new curtains and curtain rods. 
2. Find a wall decoration to go above our bed. 
3. Get an organizational wall done! ---Pinterest Inspired! 

Well 1 and 3 are complete and while #2 was attempted twice myself and David were not satisfied with the selections I came home with…however I did find the perfect piece of metal art however it was too small for the wall space….so now I am leaning towards painting the wall and making it a drastic accent wall! 

Well break is over and what better way to spend the first weekend after school has started than playing video games….Lego Marvel to be exact….I choose Lego games when its my turn to pick a game because 
1. I am terrible at video games…2. You can't die in Lego games! 
This way I avoid….getting frustrated and David does not get antsy will playing with me. It's a Win-Win situation….look at that The 7 Habits have carried over from school to home! 

This weekend is MLK weekend….let me just say it is a difficult concept to teach Kindergarteners about racism and equality when they have never lived in that kind of world. Not to say that I myself have either but I am older and grasp the concept….so the easiest way to explain it was to say that Martin Luther King Jr. helped change the minds of lawmakers that everyone deserved to go to school together instead of boys only with boys or girls only with girls and that if you have different colored "hair" it didn't matter because the world only works and classrooms only work when everyone is together. It helped that one of my students had just moved and they were still missing her and wanted her to come back. We took on a Win Win attitude as we read The Crayon Box that Talked. Anyways this weekend we went to my new "BFF's" sons birthday party in Colorado City….she is actually a super good friend of my sister's and has now adopted my family as her family. While we were visiting with her and my sister we got to go see a baby goat….some horses as well as the ultimate……FAINTING GOATS!!! You would have thought we won the lottery how excited everyone was about the goats….the video is on David's phone so that will have to come later. Dj enjoyed playing with most of his cousins and was beyond thrilled that we took Bichael and Buckey with is. (John Michael and Robbie) We rushed home today so that we could get the boys to baseball practice. 


Well I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend. I know that I will be reading for Grad School and enjoying Monday and Tuesday off….however Tuesday is for a Curriculum Committee Hearing…bluh….all day long in Vendor Presentations! 


No comments: