Sunday, September 7, 2008

Oh the Possibilities!!

Well I officially survived the 2nd week of Student Teaching. I was able to get more involved this week. I taught morning calendar which was fun as the kids helped walk me thru it!! It was spur of the moment cause my teacher needed to step out to go to the office. I was so excited to learn my new Spanish word for the day POPOTE meaning straw. We also got a new student which was a wonderful learning exeperience because you spend all the time before school getting folders ready, labeling desk and books and then in a matter of minutes you need to catch a student up to where the rest of the class is. So needless to say I got crayons, books, notebooks, sticker, desk name tags, chore star and spelling/phonics papers ready!! When we asked him where he was from he told us Hollywood I just love kids imaginations. Aside from impromptu teaching this week I also started planning my lesson plans for next week. Let me just say it is time consuming. I have lesson plans to start for the week after also but I'm excited I've decided to teach the kids LEAVES-FALL for my 3 day unit. I really think that they'll enjoy it regardless of how Texas weather really is. Perhaps the most exciting thing that happened this week was my Sub offer to teacher permanently while my teacher is out on maternity leave. Let's keep our fingers cross that it might happen because the experience alone is SOO WORTH IT!!

No comments: