Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy 25th!!

Well Thursday was David's 25th Birthday and we welcomed it with SNOW & ICE. I didn't have time to get a picture of the snow so this is a picture that came from bigcountryhomepage.com. Luckily David did not have to go to work...sadly I did. I drove about 20 mph the entire way to work in blinding snow but Im glad I was only 5 minutes late for work. I left work as soon as my kids were gone for the day and spent the rest of the day with David on his birthday!! We had rented movies and had his birthday dinner just the two of us the night before so we were able to just make dinner and relax Thursday night! I made him Green Chile Casserole a family recipe that we will certainly continue as our own family recipe. Here is a picture of our casserole.

Friday however we were lucky because we had a late start to school and the roads had cleared up enough that there weren't many issues driving. So around 8:30 ish we both headed out the door for work. Friday was David's last day working in the office for BCBS and I had my Valentine's Party with my kids. My kids truly enjoyed their party as we had nuggets from Chic Fil A and lots of yummy treats that my kids had brought with them! I must say that David was extremely happy to have his last day and come Monday he'll be working from home! Later that night we had David's actual Birthday Party at Lytle Land & Cattle Co. It was wonderful to spend time with family and friends. We had David's parents, my parents, both my sisters and their families and some of our friends!! Sadly I forgot to take pictures but we had a whole side of the room we were in just for our party. We had a wonderful dinner and a YUMMY cake...it was poker themed!

Today David went shooting with his dad and Dave Lee. Im glad that he finally got to use his gun and go shoot! While he was shooting I did some laundry and went to visit my sister while working on some lesson plans. After he got home we went to get some color samples for Peanut's nursery and will continue thinking of how we want to decorate his nursery. We are currently getting our fill of the Winter Olympics!!

No comments: