
Well we made it thru Clara Grace's Funeral. It was a tough day but it was such a loving day. The weather couldn't of been more perfect. We are so appreciative to all our family and friends that came to the funeral....you learn when life is hard who truly cares for you because they are their offering their support and time. As much as you can prepare yourself for something it really doesn't help. I think or at least hope that David & I both were as strong as we could be. It was one of the hardest days in our lives..no parent ever wants to bury their child. She made such an impact on our lives and was only here for such a short time. I know that I have 6 months before we really start trying again for our 2nd child. The funeral service was wonderful. Father George from St. Francis officiated and did a wonderful job.
We played Homesick by Mercy Me while people passed along to drop dirt on Clara's coffin. We later had white roses placed around her by our families. The funeral home later had their grounds keepers put her in her grave and I don't think that I could have asked for better care. They draped her spray over her grave along with the other roses as if they were a blanket.
We did take her teddy bear home with us so that it wouldn't get dirty or get taken away from her grave. We are looking forward to getting her headstone. We want to make sure that she has the best and has 9 new friends to play with in heaven.
We played Homesick by Mercy Me while people passed along to drop dirt on Clara's coffin. We later had white roses placed around her by our families. The funeral home later had their grounds keepers put her in her grave and I don't think that I could have asked for better care. They draped her spray over her grave along with the other roses as if they were a blanket.
We did take her teddy bear home with us so that it wouldn't get dirty or get taken away from her grave. We are looking forward to getting her headstone. We want to make sure that she has the best and has 9 new friends to play with in heaven.Today we went with David's parents house hunting and we got to pass the cemetary 3 times. Unfortunately it was already dark when we headed home so we weren't able to actually stop by and visit with our baby girl but we will be sure to go by tomorrow and visit her. As we drove by we made sure we told her that we'd see her tomorrow and to be sure to get some sleep up there.
She recieved lots of flowers and we are so Thankful to those that sent them. People don't know how much we are thankful for everything they have done for us. Starting with the viewing and then the funeral there were so many people that made all of this possible. I tried posting this yesterday but lately since our modem had died and we got a new one our internet starts acting up sometimes!
No comments:
Post a Comment